Sunday, July 4, 2010

Random Free Verse

There's never any words to write anymore.
Every scrap of my soul flutters out the door,
As the layers of my skin sink to the floor;
I'm naked, I'm sinking, have I been here before?
I'm searching, but I can't seem to find my core.

Believe me, I'm thinking of you my dear;
Even though I don't say so, I still hold you near.
I don't know if this feeling can still be called fear;
I don't know why I hide, I don't know why I tear.
I don't even know why I can't seem to hear.

I go through the motions with my eyes closed tight.
You can't know me, don't you dare ask me to fight.
Even I don't understand my plight.
Believe me, I try with all my might,
But all I've ever really wanted to do is take flight.

I think about going, I think about the world,
I think about the way everything has unfurled.
I think about what I've done and what I've hurdled,
As I think the world spins and deeper I'm twirled.
Maybe it's best to stay permanently whirled?

See what you wish to see, as I hibernate.
Things will be as they'll be; is this fate?
In the long run it doesn't matter what you equate;
Humans will continue to hate, mate and create
As the world around them seems to deflate.

I honestly don't know the point of my rambles
I guess I just felt that seeing how life is in shambles
And I can't say anything without it being a gamble
I might as well post something I fully wrote, instead of just preamble
To the things I post when I want to speak, but my brain scrambles.

No comments:

Post a Comment